Friday 30 August 2013

Murder Mystery: Judas Goat - The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery (Eight)

When did you write this book?

Over a period of time. The first two chapters were written in Sofia, when I was trying to get back to some serious writing, after I closed down the Sofia Western News magazine. Then there was a gap, during which time I went back into business as a contractor in the burgeoning telecommunications industry in Bulgaria. Ten years later, I completed Judas Goat - The Kennet narrow Boat Mystery, in three months here in Greece.

Where did your characters come from?

They were all around me in Eastern Europe, together with the attendant conspiracy theories and the 'passed over' Majors of Communism. Of course there were plenty of characters to choose from, including the old Communist Dictator Todor Zhivkov himself, who I interviewed on three separate occasions. He had never once spoken to an English journalist during his years in power, because of an ongoing dispute between the British Government and Bulgaria, concerning the assassination of the Bulgarian dissident George Markov. This was carried out in broad daylight in the streets of London.
There were of course a number of other 'passed over' Majors, mainly within the foreign community in Sofia at that time, and I admit that some of them appear occasionally in my writing, but only in a humorous role. I believe many of them still live in Sofia - after all these years - although some have become dreadfully fossilized.

www.patrickbrigham.co.uk 

No comments:

Something for A Quiet Time- by Patrick Brigham

Amazon UK -  https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00BGZTKFE Amazon US -  https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00BGZTKFE Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ging...