Thursday 29 August 2013

Murder Mystery: Judas Goat - The Kennet Narrow Boat Mystery (Seven)

Many readers want to know which writers have influenced me, and what my favorite reading may be?

Time passes and what was good yesterday, does not always sustain, and so I find it difficult sometimes to pick up a book from the past. But, John Le Carre still holds my attention as do Ian McEwan, Saul Below and even the puerile wittering's of J. D. Salinger offer some amusement, when I am in the mood. As a writer and playwright I will always love John Mortimer and his wonderful legal hack, Rumpole of The Old Bailey.

I was once asked if I thought writing was a blessing or a curse?

Good question, because in the end it is both. A good writer has to have a good memory by definition, which tends to be non-selective. That is the problem, because if you have a good memory, you are bound to remember the good with the bad, the latter bringing on great swaths of regret and remorse.

No comments:

Something for A Quiet Time- by Patrick Brigham

Amazon UK -  https://www.amazon.co.uk/-/e/B00BGZTKFE Amazon US -  https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B00BGZTKFE Enable Ginger Cannot connect to Ging...